top of page

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Help

On this page we have tried to collate the most relevant information for local people. For the most up to date Government Guidance, please visit

Latest information from the Police 

Essential Information link for those that need to self isolate

Do You Need Help?


We are working with Broadland District and South Norfolk District Councils, which has a comprehensive mechanism to support vulnerability.  Their number for people to ask for help: 01508 533933 and residents can also visit

Their help hub team is in place to respond to requests for help and support residents with practical help, mostly around food and medicine enquiries.
They are taking delivery of a range of food products which will be stored at locations across the district. These supplies are to provide the district with emergency food for residents who are in need of immediate support.  Central Government is also providing food for the most vulnerable and the first load was delivered this week.  They will have a main distribution centre with holding sites across the area and they will be working with the current well-established food bank system to distribute food to residents.

They have started to contact the most vulnerable residents via a list created from their own data, County Council and the national NHS lists.  These residents are considered to be the most vulnerable and they will be checking they have the support they need.

What Help Could You Receive?

  • Emergency income to assist with purchase of essentials (Food) or utilities, up to £150

  • One off payment to assist people whilst waiting for Universal credit or SSP to commence.

  • All working age people in receipt of CTS receiving additional assistance. Further £150.00 deducted from all working age people who are in receipt of CTS. Where liability is below £150.00 this will be reduced to allow Council Tax liability to be zero

  • Discretionary Housing Payment from £500-£2k

  • Council Tax Assistance, up to 85%

  • Discretionary Council Tax Relief

  • Universal Credit

  • Renters – Broadland District Council is encouraging anyone whose income has been impacted by COVID-19 to contact their landlord immediately, whether that be a registered provider such as Saffron or Clarion or a private landlord. They are aware that registered providers are keen to work with people however they will not know that their tenants are in hardship unless they are informed. Similarly, central government has announced that private landlords can ask their mortgage providers for a 3 month payment holiday when their tenants are affected by COVID-19, it is therefore expected that this saving be passed to the tenant. If landlords are not helping, Broadland’s housing team may be able to assist, however we do ask tenants to speak to landlords first.

Funding support

Details are available on how organsations, businessess and other groups can obtain funding through the crisis.

Could You Volunteer to Help Local People in Need?


If you would like to help those in need in the Drayton/Taverham/Thorpe Marriott area you can volunteer. You can either call the hub help number on 01508 533933 or you can email the Clerk at and your details can be passed on to the local groups who are being co-ordinated with the District Councils Help Hub teams.

Alternatively, If you feel you could volunteer for the NHS, details of the scheme and how to apply is here:


Could You Make a Donation to Support Local People?


Norfolk Community Foundation, working alongside their partners, has established the Covid-19 Community Response Fund to support local charities working hard on the ground to keep vulnerable people safe and well.  If you are able to support this fund, the link is here:

Are You Part of a Local Group Supporting Local Vulnerable People?


The Norfolk Community Foundation has a fund set up to help you with your work.  Grants of up to £1,000 are available here:


Who is Coordinating Local Support?


Central Government has delegated local support in our area to Broadland District Council.  Broadland District Council is working with the Parish Council and other parish based groups to identify vulnerable people who may need help, and local groups who can help with support.  Broadland District Council can then coordinate resources to where it is needed.  They also have their own trained and vetted volunteers to assist local people.  Our local coordinator is Matt Allen – Communities Officer. He can be reached at 01508 533914 or


Support for Businesses


The government has announced support packages for local businesses.  Further information can be found here:


Public Transport

While permitted travel is limited, we do understand that essential journeys do need to be made by some key workers, on public transport. In Broadland, the following websites will be updated regularly to facilitate essential journeys:

First – (includes Sanders Coaches)


Other Important Numbers


The Samaritans – call for free on 116 123 or email
MIND – 0300 123 3393 or email
Refuge (for Women and Children Experiencing Domestic Abuse) 0808 2000 247
ManKind (for Men Experiencing Domestic Abuse) 01823 334244
ChildLine – 0800 1111

Covid 19


The Parish Council office is closed until further notice. Staff are working from home. Messages left on the answerphone 01603 864492 are picked up regularly. The Clerk can still be contacted on email at


The council has held its first online meeting on 9th April. Please check the Council Meetings page on this website to see how you can join future meetings online.



The Pavilions at Longdale and King George V Playing Field, Drayton High Rd have restricted access to hirers only. All social distancing rules must be adhered to at all times. Hirers have been informed of their resposibilities.

bottom of page